Geographical Maps - LRT Lines

I apologize for the long delay between updates. I am currently working on a special set of maps and will be releasing them by the end of the week.

Today, we shall look at the LRT networks of Singapore. Before 2003, the Bukit Panjang LRT network utilized very different maps to direct passengers to their destination. This map is a modern and faithful recreation of the older version. I have altered some details such as the angle of the lines and the placement of several icons.


Now, since this format has long been discarded, the Punggol and Sengkang LRT networks never did recieve the vintage model of the maps. Hence I have created them from scratch to be as authentic and beautiful as possible.




The two network have been rotated slightly so that the main MRT stations remain in the upright position. This helps to fit the lines into the original dimensions of the BPLRT map. In addition, the Punggol LRT depicts the Punggol North extension which has since been scrapped. They were never given names so I randomly chose several phrases in English, Malay and Tamil.

While I still recall the meaning of Semangat, translated as zeal or passion. (Thank you Mith252 from SkyscraperCity Forums). I have since forgotten the meaning of Minpiti. I used Google to translate a random English word into Minpiti and it couldn't translate it back. I would appreciate if any readers who know the meaning reply.

See you next time, more new maps are coming.

Comments