Geographical Maps - Southern and Western Islands

Hello there. My second update in two days.

This time, I am deviating slightly from MRT maps to pursue my second interest, islands. I had always felt the islands of Singapore (aside from Sentosa, Pulau Ubin and Pulau Tekong) have not gained interest and awareness among the population. Perhaps they are too far off for the average person to bother with. Maybe it's because the Government's relentless drive to reclaim land causes us to lose affinity for a seemingly always changing shape.

Other reasons that can be attributed to the lack of interest include Government agencies never standardizing which map to use, causing a dozen different versions to emerge.

I admit I am no expert in the history of the islands. I am merely interested in their shape and geography. There are great blogs out there that can provide more information on their past. (Irony...I hate wet sand and dirt with a passion...)

Anyway, today I present maps of the Southern and Western Islands of Singapore. I will eventually be doing maps of the North Eastern Islands and the former islands making up Jurong Island. In addition to that, a version of the original Southern and Western Islands will be posted in due course. In the meanwhile, enjoy and check back for updates.



Until next time, see ya.

Comments